On this episode:
On this episode of Retirease Radio, Victor Medina explores some of the most common questions people have when it comes to homeownership in retirement.
We’ll cover topics such as paying off your mortgage, downsizing to a smaller home, borrowing money through home equity lines and reverse mortgages, and navigating home-related estate planning issues.
If you’re nearing retirement and have some questions about your home, we’ll probably cover them in today’s episode. So, tune in because this one’s on the house…
Specific learning points:
- Victor and Ben reflect on the crazy housing market of the past few years. (1:02)
- Interest rates have gone up, but my mortgage rate is still low. Should I try to pay off the house quickly or just pay as little as possible? (2:26)
- Victor walks us through what’s involved in the conversation with retirees about downsizing to a smaller home. (6:03)
- Is a home equity line a good place to borrow money in retirement? (9:58)
- We’ve all seen a commercial about reverse mortgages. Are they a good or bad idea for retirees to consider? (13:40)
- Lastly, Victor explores problems that tend to arise involving the house during the estate planning process. (16:44)
Are You Paying Too Much In Taxes In Retirement? Click here to download the free guide
Click here to claim your FREE Elder Law Guide
Also available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher & Google Podcasts
Retirease Radio is hosted by Victor J. Medina, a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA®) and a Certified Financial Planner (CFP™). Founder of Medina Law Group & Palante Wealth Advisors, Victor and his companies are dedicated to empowering people through education about estate planning and their finances.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.